
Well, first of all, as you can see, Nya got glasses for her birthday. Well, not really for her birthday, but she got them around her bday. She loves them and I think she looks so grown up and cute in them! She can't believe how much better she can see in them.
Unfortunately, her birthday fell in that extremely foggy period of mine when a new mom who isn't getting enough sleep can't really remember what's going on. (Okay, so I am still in that period.) But, luckily my parents were still here helping out so my mom helped me go to the store and find some things that she really likes. Above she poses with her new set of Berol Prismacolors. She is quite artistic and most artists know, there is nothing like a big set of Prismacolors! We found some other art supplies that she really seems to like too.

Nya with her presents. Mostly, these come from Grandma Andersen who is an extremely generous gift giver and always seems to know what to send. Thanks again G & G Andersen!

Keira was pretty upset that there were no presents for her. She kept saying that it was her birthday and they were her presents all day long, so when only Nya got to open them, she was not happy. Nya was really sweet and let her look at all the presents, but that didn't really seem to help. The cake did a little though! I tried to get her to smile, but she gave me this stinker face instead and said, "No mom, I won't smile at you." Pretty bad when she won't even smile for the camera. She normally really likes to ham it up.

And here is my littlest stinker who keeps me up all night. She looks so peaceful on daddy's shoulder snoozing, don't you think. Hard to believe she could cause so much trouble for me at night. Not surprizingly, she pretty much slept through all the celebrations.
Anyway, I can't believe I have a nine year old daughter. She is so smart, artistic, amazing, so full of life, so even tempered and sweet. She is loving and kind with her sisters and knows how to make them smile and laugh. She still loves animals just as much as she did when she was tiny and is a great "mom" to her cat Tabby. She teaches me about kindness and patience on a daily basis. I love my amazing and beautiful nine year old Nya!
No comments:
Post a Comment