
Here is my little spicy girl who has caused a lot of trouble this week. Think broken pickle jars all over the kitchen, smelly pickle juice seeping under the refrigerator, and ooey gooey raspberry chipotle sauce all over the kitchen floor right along with it. It was a mess that I hardly knew how to clean up. Do you start with the glass or the pickle juice? That mess was, of course, the easy part. Along with that came multiple temper tantrums, and so many outbursts that I thought I might just loose it. Also, she decided to potty train this week but after multiple attempts and too much pee all over, we gave up for a little while. It didn't help that I'm getting very little sleep and taking care of a newborn and trying to help Nya who has a big project due at school on Friday. (And more breaking of picture frames and ceramic birds by Nya!) The stress of the week had me thinking that really, I must of been crazy when I decided to be a mom again. And then Ryan told me to read the First Presidency message in the Ensign. I think he could tell I was loosing it. Anyway, I came across this quote by our Prophet, President Monson,
"Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try again tomorrow.""
Okay, I LOVE this quote. I am so grateful that President Monson understands that we all have days that we'd rather never repeat again and that courage isn't just about large acts, but about the small decisions we make each day to do better the next. Motherhood takes a lot of courage. Most moms I talk to may not realize what a huge significance they are in the lives of the world, but by raising strong daughters and sons, they are making a difference that will benefit them and all around them for eternity. I think that's pretty big. So for all the moms out there that think life is not exciting and dull, you are showing true courage by continuing to love and guide your children each day. (oh, and thanks Ryan for suggesting I read it.)

This picture is the first time Keira decided that she really loves baby Chloe. So along with the spiciness and trouble, there is a lot of sweet in there. Now if I can just find it more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment