Sunday, March 11, 2012

Crafty Me!

Here' s the Easter bunny...or is that just Keira? Anyway, I found her in Michael's and brought her home with me. I hope she's my Keira! No, but seriously, she loves trying on all the headbands at stores, but won't actually wear them, so it's easy to resist her pleas when she says "I need this mommy."
I never really post about myself, but this time, I thought, why not? I love making things in my spare time to make our home beautiful. I love seasonal decor. I don't always have time, but I usually have a seasonal mantel and I often make things to go on it. I'm not claiming I'm good, I just like to make things that make me happy. I kept seeing botanical prints of eggs all over in decorating, so I decided to make my own but a 3D version. I love texture, so I found some eggs at Walmart and hot glued them on. Makes me smile. And it reminds me of Nya, who has loved eggs forever. When she was little she talked about "kitty eggs" all the time. I didn't usually have the heart to tell her kitties don't come from eggs, but don't worry, she knows now!
Here, Chloe is my model for my first sewing project ever. (I think she's cuter than the blanket) My friend Heidi told me that it really wasn't that hard to make a rag quilt and she would help me. I took her up on it and amazed myself. I really can sew and it's SEW much fun. (sorry I just couldn't resist)
Chloe's quilt again. Now, of course Nya and Keira want me to make one too. Don't mind if I do! I had so much fun making it I didn't want it to be over anyway.
This one was super simple. Painted a frame and put letter stickers on paper. It just reminds me every time I'm in the kitchen of what is truly important in life. My cute family. So when the kids spill something, or break something for the millionth time, I am reminded that I don't want to yell at them or strangle them!
I made this one for Thanksgiving, but I love it so much as a reminder that everything good comes from God. It reminds me to be thankful for all the blessings I have. I painted and distressed the frame and put a piece of burlap over scrapbook paper, then the sticker letters on top. Simple!
This one was my friend's idea, and I loved it. It is an expo marker calendar. Just a frame with stuff behind it. I can change the background endlessly, add photos, whatever. And when the next month comes along, erase the month and start anew. FUN, creative, constantly changeable! Anyway, now that I'm through showing you some fun stuff that makes me happy, I'll sign off for the week.

No comments: