Saturday, March 24, 2012

We're moving! And a little about springtime...

AHHHH!!! We're moving to ARIZONA!!! Ryan got a job in Scottsdale, Arizona with Starwood hotels and so he starts on April 16th. That means we have two weeks and a couple days before we are moving across the country. CRAZY!!! Can I just say...CRAZY!!! Anyway, we've been wanting to move either to Utah or Arizona to be closer to family for a couple of years now, so when we got the news I thought I would just only be excited. I was very unprepared for how sad I felt. Leaving our cute home, the first home we bought. And all the memories we have made here in this house. We have had three little baby girls born while we lived here, and Nya was just 4 when we moved in! We have lived here just barely shy of 5 years. That's a long time. Longer than we've lived anywhere in our marriage of 11 years. So, it makes sense to be sad, I just didn't expect it. I also really don't want to leave all the friends we have made here. We have, I must say, very AWESOME friends and it will be very difficult to leave them.

Anyway, we took a small break yesterday from the packing and boxes mess inside the house and went out on the lawn and had a "picnic" (it was just caprisun and pretzels). It was so beautiful outside! 82 degrees and just perfect in the shade of the tree that was just a tiny seedling when we got here. We even saw a bird go by with a worm in her beak that she was taking to her baby birds in her nest. So cute!

So, I looked down at the girls feet and noticed that they both had a pair of my flip flops on. And whose flip flops did I have on you ask? Ryan's. Funny. Seemed so cute to see their little feet in my shoes that I had to take a picture. I love my little girls and my big girl!

1 comment:

Emily Nutz O'Neal said...

Congratulations! 2 weeks? That's crazy!! I just got back from visiting AZ and I was impressed by how strong the church is out there. It seems like a wonderful place to raise a family :) Good luck with everything.