Monday, November 21, 2011
San Antonio
We went to San Antonio and stayed in the Marriott Rivercenter in the 33rd floor for a week while Ryan attended a conference for some boring tax software. The girls and I had so much fun exploring what there was to do around the area. I saw these huge boots on the way to someplace and of course, we had to pull over and get pictures! My little cowgirls!
We went to the Witte museum--they have an awesome HEB Science Treehouse with tons of hands on science exhibits. Here, the girls play on "drums" that are eco friendly (salvaged junkyard metals and plastics).
My two cuties sitting in the treehouse!
Keira is just getting so grown up! Sometimes, I look at pictures of her and can't believe that she's not my little baby anymore. Look how big she looks walking down these stairs!
"So, Nya, what are you doing? Can I do it too?"
"We can both do it, we can share!"
Nya in front of the treehouse--they had a lot of really fun things inside the 3 story treehouse including a make it yourself frame by frame movie with a dinosaur and mountains, and a weather center where Keira and Nya had lots of fun doing the forecast in front of the screen!
We spent dinners together with Ryan. One night we went out to La Gloria--a local recommended it to us. It was really yummy Mexican street food (they called it Mexican tapas) where Ryan found something he loved on his mission he has never found in the US--a Mexican version of pizza called Tlayudas--crispy thin corn shell with beans, slow roasted pork, oaxacan cheese, tomatoes and lettuce. YUM!
The girls and I had a lot of fun at the Japanese Tea Gardens. It was so beautiful there and perfect for taking pictures. No one around to take mine, so lamely enough, I took my own pic with my sweet almost 9 year old!
I kept finding Nya trying to climb up the rocks! She really misses the mountains of Utah. Everytime we go there she is like a little mountain goat climbing up all the mountains, so when she saw these rocks, she just couldn't resist!
Nya and Keira look down at the Koi in the pond.
Cute sisters!
Keira was having so much fun with the rocks and kept telling me that she was a princess and the rocks were her jewels!
She danced with them too!
The last day, Ryan only had a half day so we went to the San Antonio Zoo with the girls. Here we try to find the cats snoozing in the sun.
Keira had her first cotton candy ever, and boy, it was love! She would only eat the pink cotton candy, but she loved it so much she kept sneaking away from us and eating it in strange little corners. The first time she did, we couldn't find her and the woman in front of us said, "Oh, she's right here hiding in the rock enjoying her cotton candy." Sure enough, she was.
The hippos were amazing! These metal hippos, of course, were just fun to sit on, but the real hippos were in a tank that you could see underwater, and I have never seen so much hippo! We got there just in time for feeding time, so that was fun to see their mammoth (quite ugly) teeth. Sad thing is, their pink pudgy ankles looked really familiar--quite a bit like my own swollen ankles thanks to our little baby on the way. Oh, isn't pregnancy fun?
In one of the bird houses, a bird landed right on Ryan's arm. We went back in later, and again it landed on Ryan leading to my new nickname for him "the bird whisperer." What's funny is he doesn't like birds since I've known him, though he says he loved them when he was young...maybe they had a falling out for a while that I didn't know about, but apparently they still love him! So, Keira kept pretending to be a little bird that wanted to land on Nya which led to a piggy back ride. My cute little girls! Anyway, thanks to Ryan's company for putting us up in a really nice suite in a great hotel because we had so much fun. Nya's favorite new game became "I Spy from way up high." I never knew 33 floors up could be so much fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment